The Counseling Office at San Antonio Christian School is a much-needed resource available to our parents and students.
Counseling Director, Tina Hall King, is a certified school counselor for early childhood through twelfth grade. Mrs. King, who is also a certified teacher and reading specialist, spent five years in the classroom before transitioning to the field of counseling in 2003. Her education and years of experience, coupled with her heart to care for and encourage others blesses our community in many ways.
A few of the areas in which our counseling office is available to assist students and parents include:
· Listening to student concerns regarding academic, emotional, social, and spiritual issues
· Counseling for students individually or in small groups
· Conducting goal-oriented counseling sessions
· Assisting with the transition from middle school to high school and to post-secondary school
· Helping students process their concerns and outline subsequent goals and actions
· Assisting as a mediator, if needed, when conflicts arise
· Private counseling for students and/or their family if a need should arise
In addition, as a free service to our community, the SACS counseling office hosts several parent seminars throughout the school year. Topics are always relevant and informative.